Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The DON is back

Nah! I am not talking about myself. But I saw a song from the remake of "Don" for the first time today.

That has to be one of the most unnatural song sequences I have ever seen. I think after watching Shahrukh Khan only in interviews or still pictures, I had stopped thinking of him as an actor. So it looked totally weird watching him dance with Kareena Kapoor. Kareena Kapoor is like the big source of hope for me. If I am not sure about something, I think if Kareena can be a big movie actress and sign movies after movies, I can do anything. She is the sole reason I think Sania Mirza might win multiple slams in one year. Thanks Kareena.

I sincerely believe that Amitabh and Zeenat Aman of today could have done a better job in that Don remake.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kaveri said...

Seriosuly!! I had seen the trailers on youtube..Sharukh khan saying "I am the King"..ahh. reminds me of Darr..I am kikiking...He should just stick to the "I am in love" look ...movies

Just last weekened we had a discusison on who would have been a good choice to play the role..I think besides the obvious choice of Abhishek bachchan, I think most felt Sanjay Dutt would have been good.

1:45 PM, September 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this is all about expression of freedom!Anyone can see any movie through his/her own eyes and then try to make a re-make(or mess?) of it.And what it seems to be today,most of our TALENTED directors are thinking retro for getting the ideas for their new movie.Don is back, but so are Shiva,Sholey,Umrao Jan and even Jai Santoshi Ma!!Well,if Farhan Akhtar were to make a remake of DOSTI of yesteryears, who would play the two main leads? My choice would be none other than Tusshaar Kapoor and Ritiesh Deshmukh..

10:13 AM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Vidya said...

I heard the soundtrack... did you get to hear 'o khaiyke paan....' in the current remake?? the other half insists that it sounds like the singer is in the throes of constipation! as for 'Sholay', am sure nothing can come close to the original!

8:15 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Abhijeet Deshpande said...

As they say, classics are only made once. Therefore, the concept of a "remake" of a classic is a moot point. Sholay and Don were absolute Bollywood classics and these remakes can come no where close to even the vicinity of these classics, and will end up being farces.

4:01 PM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger Abhijeet Deshpande said...

Saw Don last night...Frankly, I must say that I wasnt disappointed at all...when I was almost sure that I would be. Farhan has done a decent job with the movie and has put in a couple of nice twists in places where you are not expecting it. I'd give it 3.5 stars.

2:12 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home